Wednesday, May 13, 2009

PAINT!!!!!!!

So... we moved into our new place this past weekend (remember, PTSD?). A new beginning with my new husband and our furbaby (Cooper).

The new apartment comes newly carpeted, fresh white walls, and a brand spankin new kitchen. It's a totally blank canvas... where to begin???

PAINT! When we first decided we were moving I started to research paint colors. I knew that our living room and bedroom were south facing which means TONS of great sunlight so I knew I could go a little darker on the paint in those rooms. And so I did....











Smokey Blue (Behr) for the bedroom. In person it's actually much bluer than this.


Stone Brown (Behr) for the living room. I describe it as coffee... light and sweet.
So far those are the only two rooms I've painted (OK... I'm totally taking credit for work that we actually hired someone to do... shame on me). I'll eventually get to the kitchen at some point.
Now, unlike my mother, I went onto the Behr website (http://www.behr.com/Behr/home#) and looked at colors that caught my eye - colors picked in less than a day. My mother on the other hand will hem and haw over colors for up to two weeks (or more if necessary). She will buy samples, paint swatches, invite strangers over to get their opinions on what color to paint a room. When I told her my process, she nearly fainted.
Furniture next!






1 comment:

  1. Now that I've picked myself up from the floor, I will put it out there that not only myself, but Mrs. Galletta, too, will be happy to put out our color consulting expertise. Pick a color off the computer???? Lord have mercy, I thought I raised you better than that!

    ReplyDelete