Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Green...

Nope, not the environmental kind... the envious kind.

Working in the city during spring time lends itself to serious outfit envy. It's a condition that involves tons of obvious staring and head-to-toe body once-overs and in some cases a little bit of drool.

I assume that everyone who looks impeccably dressed and accessorized must live in the city.. what Long Islander has time to get up each and every morning to style their hair, try out new makeup, wear heels out the door and make it look good even after being slumped over and asleep for the hour and a half train ride in? I swear, 5 days out of the month (yes, I said month, not week) I put forth the effort but it's the train ride that kills it all.

This condition only occurs in the warm weather seasons due to the fact that no one is wearing a jacket so every open sidewalk is a runway... walking down 34th street at 7:30am is one big fashion show and I'm just a schlumpy bystander.

It is fun though to sit on the sides and watch all of the beautiful people walk by... just be prepared with a good pair of sunglasses to avoid any noticable staring. I've suffered from this condition for a few years now, so I may be schlumpy but I'm seasoned and always prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment