Busy busy busy!
I love having stuff to do over the weekend, but this was OVERKILL! Saturday consisted of TONS of running around mixed in with really poor timing. For some unknown reason (coughcoughCOOPERcoughcough) I was up at the ungodly hour of 6am on Saturday. Instead of going back to bed, I figured I would take advantage of the quiet to snuggle up and finally watch and be completely consumed by the 2 hour season finale of Grey's Anatomy that I had DVR'd on Thursday. After Grey's was over, I was now not only tired from being up so early after having gone to bed pretty late the night before, but I was exhausted from crying for almost 2 hours straight... I FRIGGIN LOVE THAT SHOW!!!! So off to bed I went until about 10-ish. I got up again, puttered around, found the shower, and was ready to get out the door to begin all of my errands.... Aa was still sound asleep.
I was so excited for the majority of these errands because they involved picking up stuff for the apt. I got most of what was on my list, making a mental note as I was leaving Wal-Mart to head over to Target to finish up. But on my way, the things I needed at Target fell out of my head and I forgot why I even needed to go to Target so I headed home instead... FAIL. Once I got home from that trip, we unpacked all the crap I bought, ate a little something, Aa ran out for some of his errands, I vaccumed and dusted, Aa came back and I figured since I have about 2 hours before our friends came over it would be a good time to head out for a major grocery shop. WRONG. When I got back I had barely stuff the last of the groceries in their appropriate places before the bell rang.... FRIENDS!
It was a good night... about 2 bottles of wine killed (it was a slow night), tons of gossip spewed, our wireless internet hooked up (Ant's a genius), wedding stories shared, and a little bit of old school Mario Brothers played. Everyone was gone by about 12:30 and that's when I relized I haven't even ironed clothes for us to wear to my sister's graudation the following day. There I am, ironing at 1am while the dog is going crazy due to some crazy thunderstorms and hubs is passed out on the couch (lucky!).
The next day, we were up and out by 8:15 to be at my parents house to caravan over to her graduation. We were exhausted but were excited to see and spend time with family and to see my sister graduate. During the graduation my cousin began writing notes to my sister (the graduate). They went a little something like this...
Dear Kerry,
Your graduation is long and boring. Yelling and screaming was imbaressing and fun. It was boring because my DS went red and didn't work long. Congratulations.
Dear Kerry,
I want to go to college because I don't want to go to school everyday. You might not understand.
I took pictures of said notes, but because I'm lazy, I have yet to upload them... maybe tonight. After the graduation we headed to brunch where we all stuffed our faces true to our family tradition... what can I say, we're eaters. After brunch it was back to my parents house to eat some more... ahhh, eating! While at my parents house, the kids put on High School Musical 3. I'm not ashamed to admit that I LOVE this movie... today, all of the songs are stuck in my head... I'm not mad.
We headed home around dinner time to get settled, feed the hound, and get ready for a new week (boo!). I proceeded to fall asleep around 8:00 missing the whole episode of the Simpsons (boo!). I woke up, had a Bagelful (yum!) got ready for bed and promptly fell asleep missing the whole episode of Family Guy (boo!). But, thank God Aa DVRs these... because in case I wake up next Saturday at 6am at least I'll have something to do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment