UPDATE AT THE BOTTOM!
So, one of the best things about spring time and warm(ish) weather is sleeping with the windows wide open. You are able to air out the house (mainly the bedroom which reeks of sweat, farts, and sleep - yes, sleep has a smell... it's quite unpleasent) and turn off the "Sounds of Nature" cd that sooths you to sleep thru the winter (read: windows closed) months in exchage for the real thing.
So you can imagine my excitement when, not only the warm weather shows it's pretty face, but when we discovered the amazing breeze that we get in our new apartment. Comfortable sleep was on the horizon and I know that Aa. was just as excited as I was.
The first 2 weeks were sleepless for several reasons... new/unfamiliar place, weird setup, whacked out schedule, Cooper's unease (please refer to a specific blog from last week regarding this very topic). I walked around looking like poo... sleep deprived poo. I knew it could only get better from here.
Week 3 was starting to get good. Sleep was coming with ease and we were actually looking forward to getting ito bed in our new home. Cooper was calming down and it was starting to feel less like a really long visit at someone else's house and more like my own home. I still looked like poo, but just a little more like well-rested poo.
We're now in week 4... HELL! In recent years I've stopped sleeping thru the night. I always get up at least once to pee or take Cooper out. No big deal because I can always fall right back to sleep. Monday night I woke up (as per usual) and as I settled back in to continue my REM where I left off I hear this awful crying noise coupled with the sound cats killing each other. It was bizzare to say the least but only lasted about 10 minutes... off to sleep I went.
Then last night (Tuesday) as Aa. and I were getting into bed we hear this familiar noise again, but this time it sounds like a newborn baby screaming. I didn't think anything of it and casually mentioned that there were cats going at it the night before and it sounded like that.... off to bed we go. 4am... the sound is deafening... even Cooper wakes up from it (Aa? fast asleep he was... lucky bastid). I get up to look out the window to of course see nothing. But the noise! OMG! It sounded like crying babies, cats being tourtured and killed, and cats running into each other at full speed. This went on for 40 mins. Every time it would stop, I would smile and think "sleeeeep"... but nope, it would just start up again. What pisses me off about this whole situation is that I get up at 5am and at this time of night/morning every little minute counts and these damn cats are cutting into my precious sleep time. At one point I here someone open up a door/window and say "shhh, go away"... like that is really going to help... although at this point I don't know that I would have had a better plan of action.
I think I'll wait until tonight to see if these noises happen again and then I'll have to take action (read: call animal control).
I swear, the winter months of a closed up, smelly room are really looking good about now.
UPDATE:
Turns out, after doing some asking around and a little research on my own, the sounds I'm hearing are that of cats bumping uglies... doing the grown-up... MATING!! I think I'll definitely call animal control now because I know how risky it is for animals not to be spayed and neutered. And I'm a lazy animal lover... definitely not the type to spend my time doing some TNR (Trap, Neuter, Release).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment