Anyway, a friend of mine clued me in on a little secret. JC Penny furniture and knick-knacks are like a cheaper version of Pottery Barn!!! What prompted this little tid-bit was my search for lamps ("I LOVE LAMP"). We are in desparate need of some artificial lighting in the apartment. And as luck has it, all of the lamps we have are mismatching... not a pair to be found.
When I asked said friend what she thought of a certain style lamp, she gave her opinion and pointed me in the direction of JC Penny. And wouldn't you know... there was the lamp I was looking for!!!!
Let me state my case.....
This is the Glass Candlestick Lamp from PB for $129. http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p11876/index.cfm?pkey=ctable%2Dbedside%2Dlamps

This is the Briana Glass Table Lamp for $139. http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p12924/index.cfm?pkey=ctable%2Dbedside%2Dlamps

These are the Bancroft Crystal Lamps that go for $179.00 - $229.00.
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p12153/index.cfm?pkey=ctable%2Dbedside%2Dlamps

I found this lamp... Crystal Ball Table Lamp by Studio for $79 at JCP!!!
http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=57088&CatID=58220&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1580cde&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=57088%7c57325&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=14&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=570885732558220

After comparing and contrasting the two websites and what they sell, JCP definitely has, for lack of a better term, tons of PB knock-offs for much better prices and the customer reviews are really positive.
Now I just have to convice Aa. that these lamps would look great in our living room!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment