Friday, July 10, 2009

There is just something about those red soles...

I'm in a fashion-y, pretend-I-can-actually-afford, shoe shopping/browsing (drooling over) kind of mood.

Isn't it just our luck that the things we covet most in the world (not actual needs, but meaningless wants) are those that in no way shape or form we could ever afford. It sucks. But it doesn't stop me from going to websites like Net-A-Porter.com or Saks.com and browsing their shoe pages and filling up my virtual shopping cart (of course I later close out of whatever page I'm on, thus losing every mortgage-payment priced item I added to said cart).

Every woman has something that makes her stop in her tracks. Makeup, jewlery, handbags, dresses, etc. For me... it's shoes. I own quite a few pairs (an understatement) and wear most of them as often as I can (even if it is just around the house when I'm wearing sweats). I don't recall when my love of shoes started, but all I know is that the right pair makes me feel amazing. The thing about shoes is that no matter how much weight you gain or lose, your shoes ALWAYS fit. It's comforting, especially for a gal like me who's weight is on a constant roller coaster ride (I'm currently climbing a quite steep hill).

Since being married, I've really tried to curb my shoe shopping ways. I've never really been one to spend a fortune on a single pair, but still, money is money and I'd be spending OUR money, not MY money. Guilt is the enemy!

So today, I thought I would share some of my unattainable desires. Consider this post if you will, as shoe porn....


Christian Louboutin Very Prive peep-toes. These will set you back about $745.


Versace Mesh Rose T-Strap. A measley $895.


OMG! Look at that heel! Jimmy Choo Eliza Suede Sandal $665. I think there are other versions of this shoe floating around because I remember seeing something very similar on Caroline from Real Housewives of NJ Reunion Show and being in awe.


LOVE LOVE. Jimmy Choo Suede Platform Sandal $1,195 on sale for $417.95


These are the kind of shoe I would wear with a simple black dress. Oscar de la Renta $625 on sale for $218.45


Christian Louboutin Decocolico Mary Jane Pump $855


Christian Louboutin Very Galaxy Platform Pump $1,295. And it all ends with those red soles... a girl can die happy.


... Now if you'll excuse me, I must sucumb to my shoe coma.

2 comments:

  1. Do what I do...open yet another account, or designate yet another envelope, to save up for something you covet, vacation, plastic surgery, handbags, jewelery (yes, woman should buy their own), or, in your case, shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those red soles make me salivate in the same way the smell of delicious food does. I think my heart is racing a little...

    ReplyDelete