Thursday, July 30, 2009

Life has been boring... thank God for FIMD.

So while I'd love to keep this blog going at full speed, it's quite difficult. There are times in my life where things couldn't get any more hectic and strange and dramatic. And then there are times like the present... where my life seriously couldn't get any more boooooore-iiiiiing!

Boring is good though... it means things are going at a steady pace. But when you are trying to entertain people (read: family members who are forced to read) the pressure to come up with something... anything... is overwhelming.

So today, I figure I would tell you about Aa's most recent FIMD (Foot In Mouth Disease) episode.

FIMD, in case you are unaware, is an extremely maintainable condition that, at time, can have severe flare ups causing embarrassing moments and awkward silence. No one is safe from FIMD in any capacity.

We were at our friend B & J's house on Saturday night. It was an impromptu BBQ with beers and Ladder Ball (a quite addicting game that you MUST look into... and if anyone was curious, I TOTALLY carried out team). When Aa and B get together, many beers are consumed while me and J chat about what RETARDS our husbands are and how we ever got so lucky (insert some from-the-heart sarcasm).

As the night went on, more beers were consumed, B lost his shoes and eventually his awesome parents came by to get in on the action. We lit the fire pit and got ready to roast some marshmallows as the conversation (and have I mentioned, alcohol?) flowed. OUT OF NOWHERE, Aa's FIMD flares up.

Let me just preface the following conversation by mentioning that my husband has a skewed sense of humor... the kind not everyone finds funny. Luckily (or regretfully), B shares in his sense of humor. So keep that in mind as you read the following conversation.

Aa (to B's mom): So I hear Dan (her grandson... WHO'S 4!) is a real asshole.
B's mom: What? B! What?
Aa: Yeah, B said he's a real asshole.
B: Uhhhhh, no, I said the kid is hell on wheels (clearly trying to cover the fact that he did indeed tell Aa that his nephew/godson is an asshole).
Aa: LOLOLOLOL.. ::slurps beer::
B's mom: B, why would say that about your nephew. He's not an asshole.
Me: {I'm sooo death staring Aa down}
J: LOLOLOL!!!
B: Anyone want some S'mores?!?

My husband called a 4 year old and asshole... to the 4 year old's grandmother. Who knows what kind of chaos ensued the following day with B and his mom, but all I can say is that that was the WORST case of FIMD I have ever seen in my life! Luckily, B thought it was hilarious and him and J did confirm that the child is in fact an asshole (although I'm having a hard time with everyone calling a 4 year old an asshole) and everyone lived happily ever after (accept for Aa who's conscious finally kicked in on the ride home and couldn't get over what had spewed from his mouth and how guilty he felt).

In some cases, I will take boredom over FIMD ANY DAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment